Here are some simple tips to make sure you and your fellow yogis have an enjoyable class every time.
- Please arrive on time – about 10 minutes before the starting time is a good idea. We open 15-20 minutes prior to class commencing.
- Things that ring or beep are not allowed in the studio. Please turn mobile phones and other devices to silent or off altogether and put them somewhere safe. This is a courtesy to the teacher as well as to your fellow students, who don’t want to hear phones or pagers going off. If you are expecting an urgent call, consider booking a class when you can have your yoga time all to yourself.
- Shoes are to be left at the base of the stairs. Please don’t bring shoes upstairs to the studio.
- Jewellery can get in your way and can also be noisy and distracting for other students. Please take jewellery off before class.
- If someone else is looking for space for their mat, and you have some, offer it. Some classes are very popular and we can all fit if we share the space.
- Let the teacher know if you have injuries or conditions. Listen to your body and treat it with respect.
- Ensure your body, clothes and mat are clean and free from odour. We are in close quarters with our fellow students and smells can be intensified with the heat of practice.
- Perfumes and strong deodorants can be intoxicating in a confined space. Please be mindful of your yogi neighbour before spraying up prior to class. They are also intensified by heat so especially keep this in mind before hot classes.
- If you tend to sweat, bring a towel. Sweating is a great way to detoxify, so it’s encouraged but please clean up after yourself. If you’re doing the hot or hot power class, you’ll also need a towel to cover your mat. You can hire them at the studio for $2/towel or bring your own. After class has finished, if you’ve hired a towel, throw it in the laundry bin near the studio door.
- The studio is a sanctuary; a quiet place where people come to lie or sit in peace before class. Please respect your fellow yogis and be like ninja mice once you enter the studio. If you want to talk, please use the waiting area near the reception desk until start time.
- Please don’t chat with the friend next to you during class. This is distracting to the teacher and your fellow yogis. Feel free to hang around after class to catch up or share your yoga experience.
- At the end of class please put away the props or equipment you’ve used.
- If you are using one of the studio mats please wipe it down at the end of your practice using one of the spray bottles and towels. Some students choose to put a cotton mat on top of the rubber mat.
Be nice to each other and everyone’s happy!